(This is another one of those “things” that somehow winds up i my files. A friend of mine told last week that I seem to bea little more mellow, and I was smiling more.
A woman sitting next to me at the doctor’s office told me that was happening to her too. She said, “When you get told you have cancer there are just to many important things you’ll want to hang on to that you aint got the strength to hold on to the things that you to piss you off.”
Yep, I’m gonna let go of a lot of stuff, and I am going to spend more time being a child while I can.. – Ninure da Hippie)
Am Hereby Officially Tendering My Resignation As An Adult
I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult:
– I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8-year old again.
– I want to go to McDonald’s and think that it’s a four-star restaurant.
– I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
– I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
– I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer’s day.
– I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn’t bother you, because you didn’t know what
you didn’t know and you didn’t care.
– All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
– I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.
– I want to believe that anything is possible.
– I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
– I want to live simple again.
– I don’t want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills,
gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
– I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.
– So, here’s my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.
– And if you want to discuss this further, you’ll have to catch me first, cause “Tag! You’re it!”