I seem to have run out of steam as far as writing “political Blogs” lately, or posting anything from the news.
I feel I should be commenting on the economic situation in the US, but I find myself baffled. Or maybe not so much baffled, as finding myself inable to sort out what I want to say that would be anywhere near “What would Jesus say”.
So I am going to play turkey…I mean chicken for now.
Here is something to make you smile (again), or maybe get you to do some pre-T-day groaning.
LIVENING UP THANKSGIVING DINNER
1. Load your plate up high; take it to the kitchen, toss it all in the blender and take your “shake” back to the table. Announce that it’s the new Thanksgiving Weight Loss Shake.
2. When everyone says, in turn, what they are thankful for, say, “I’m thankful I didn’t get caught,” and refuse to say anything more.
3. Bring along old-recorded football games and pop them in the VCR (or DVD) when Dad’s not looking. Make sure it is set to the last two minutes of the game. When he comes into the room, turn off the VCR and turn on the regular TV.
4. Bring a date that only talks about the tragic and abusive conditions known to exist at turkey farms.
5. During mid-meal, turn to Mom and say, “See mom, I told you they wouldn’t notice that the turkey was past the expiration date. You were worried for nothing.”
These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, “For fast relief.”
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
‘God does not share his love between all of his creatures; He gives *all* of his love to *each* of His creatures!’ (Hugh of St. Victor).
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc.
This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
This material is distributed without profit
Every 3.6 seconds a real person dies from hunger somewhere in the world!!!
Feed a hungry person today:
My YouTube Channel
God is still speaking
John Mark Ministries